Contact us to learn more
to talk to a technical sales engineer
The phyFLEX-i.MX6 SOM supports the FreescaleTM i.MX6 Solo, i.MX6 Dual, and i.MX6 Quad application processors offering a broad range of solutions with emphasis from cost-efficiency to high demand performance at low power. The three innovative SOM interconnects provide standardization across the phyFLEX product family and highlight features such as 64-bit DDR3, USB, Gigabit Ethernet, integrated FlexCAN and MLB busses, PCIe, SATA-II, multiple simultaneous displays, camera interface, and HDMI v1.4.
Take a closer look
The phyFLEX-i.MX6 System on Module
The i.MX6 Cortex-A9 Processor Family
The FreescaleTM i.MX6 Series includes a highly scalable family of embedded processors based on ARM CortexTM-A9 technology with single-, dual-, and quad-core offerings delivering up to 1 GHz per core. Along with power-efficient processing capabilities, the i.MX6 Series of application processors provide a leading edge 3D graphics engine, stereoscopic image sensor support for 3D imaging, HD video engine delivering 1080p encode/decode, 3D video playback, and separate 2D engine for UI.
- i.MX6 Single, Dual, Quad core
- Up to 1 GHz / core
- VPU, IPUv3H, GPU2Dv2, OpenVG 1.2
- Up to 4 GB DDR3 / 16 GB NAND
- USB 2.0 OTG and Host
- PCIe, SATA II
- CAN, UART, SPI, I2C, I2S
- Camera interface
- Up to 4 displays + HDMI
- Linux and Compact 7 BSPs
|Processor||Freescale i.MX6: Single, Dual, Quad core|
|Frequency||1 GHz / core|
|DRAM||1 GB default / 4 GB max DDR3|
|NAND||1 GB default / 16 GB max|
|NOR||16 MB max|
|USB Host||1x HS 2.0|
|USB OTG||1x HS 2.0|
|Video||1080p60 decode, 1080p30 encode|
|Display||2x LVDS, 1x TTL, HDMI|
|Camera||2x LVDS or CPI, 1x MIPI CSI|
|Miscellaneous||EMIC (fan management), PWM, Keypad, JTAG|
|Dimensions||60 x 70 mm|
|Connector||380-pin 0.5 mm pitch|
|Supply Voltage||5.0 V|
|Temperature||-40 to +85 C|
phyFLEX-i.MX6 interfaces are routed to our high-density PCB interconnects on the underside of the SOM. Design the mating connectors on your carrier board.
Single Board Computer
- phyFLEX-i.MX6 System on Module
- phyFLEX Carrier Board
- Linux or Compact 7 Software
- Optional phyFLEX-i.MX6 Mapper Board
- Optional LCD
- Optional WiFi module
- Cables, schematics, and kit CD
The phyFLEX SOM provides a flexible platform designed to plug into the PHYTEC phyFLEX base Carrier Board providing a standard set of physical I/O connectors as well as any other interface circuitry not provided on the phyFLEX module itself. Connect the optional phyFLEX Mapper Board between the phyFLEX SOM and phyFLEX Carrier Board for interfaces to processor specific features.
Carrier Board Features
- 1x RJ-45 Ethernet jack
- 1x RS-485 serial port
- 1x RS-232 serial ports
- 1 x HOST 480 Mbit/s High Speed USB 2.0
- 1 x CLIENT 480 Mbits High Speed USB 2.0
- 1 x microSD slot
- 1 x CAN (galvanic isolated)
- 4 x Input or Output (250 mA) (opt.)
- 1 x 24bit LVDS display interface
- 150,0 x 90,0 Width x Height (mm)
- 1 x capacitive
- 12/24 V DC +/- 15% Power Supply
- Learn More
The phyFLEX-i.MX6 SOM included in the phyFLEX-i.MX6 kit features: Freescale i.MX 6 Quad processor @ 4 x 1 GHz, 1 GB DDR3, 1 GB NAND Flash, 16 MB SPI-NOR Flash, 4 KB EEPROM, Gigabit Ethernet PHY, and industrial temperature rating.
- Choose from a 5", 7", or 10" VGA LVDS display with 4-wire touchscreen
- Mapper Board provides a breakout of the additional functionality offered on the optional connector that is not common to the phyFLEX standard
- TiWi R2 WiFi module that plugs right into the phyBASE
phyFLEX-i.MX6 Board Support Packages
PHYTEC Board Support Packages (BSPs) are software bundles that implement and support operating systems on our System on Modules. PHYTEC BSPs are application development-ready, offering all essential drivers and board-level feature support. The only task left for you is application integration. This way, you can focus on your core competencies while we take care of the rest.
- GCC C/C++ cross development tool chain
- Eclipse IDE
- PTXdist build system
- Bootloader, kernel, file system
- Source BSP
Compact 7 Package
- Visual Studio 2008 evaluation CD
- Platform Builder 7
- SDK for application development
- Bootloader and runtime Nk.bin image
- OSDesign example
- Binary BSP, source available under EULA
Require in-depth support beyond our free offerings? See details here.
Find Quickstart guides, BSP downloads, and other useful information on our wiki.
Welcome to PHYTEC support! We pride ourselves in our excellent customer service. If you cannot find the help you need here, please call us and we will connect you with a live person who can assist you.
Need schematics for one of our products? Register here.
Buy Your Kit
The phyFLEX-i.MX6 Rapid Development Kit comes in two versions: Linux and Compact 7. Both versions include a phyFLEX-i.MX6 SOM, carrier board, BSP, and optional accessories.
- phyFLEX-i.MX6 System on Module (PFL-A-02)
- Carrier board (PBA-B-01)
- Compact 7 or Linux BSP
- 7" LCD with integrated touch (LCD-017-070W)
- Mapper Board
- WiFi adapter - supported by Linux BSP only (PCM-958)