The i.MX 8 product family offers the next-gen technology for industrial embedded systems: speech recognition and gesture control, superior graphics performance as well as sophisticated security features. PHYTEC is NXP Proven Partner and therefore gets early access to processors. We develop SOMs and SBCs for industrial use based on the NXP i.MX 8M, i.MX 8 and i.MX 8X applications processors.
With our PHYTEC phyCORE-i.MX 8 modules customers get access to the latest available components. As a member of the Xccela™ Consortium for example we equip the modules with Octal SPI/DualSPI Xccela Flashes offering highest performing memory. First phyCORE-i.MX 8 SOMs and corresponding kits are available from Q2 / 2018 – all processor features will be available on the Carrier Board.
PHYTEC will also offer a full scope of kits for start-up, evaluation and rapid development around our i.MX 8 Series board-level products. Standard kits will include:
- phyCORE-i.MX 8 SOM
- Carrier Board with fully validated circuitries and standard connectors for all common interfaces and peripheral features of the i.MX 8, usable as a development platform as well as reference design for end user carrier board designs
- Kit variants in support of multiple operating systems:
- Linux: Yocto environment with pre-installed and configured packages such as QT-Libs, OpenGL and Python
- QNX, freeRTOS and other software available upon request
- Rich documentation: Hardware Manual, QuickStart Instructions, Application Guides, Software Application Examples
When an off-the-shelf development kit isn't enough, PHYTEC offers Rapid Prototyping services. This new service complements and extends the scalability of i.MX 8 Series devices by leveraging known good circuitry and layout blocks to create customer-specific hardware I/O platforms. In a matter of weeks a custom prototype can be designed and produced.
See here for our Contact Form.
The phyCORE-i.MX 8M System on Module will mainly target applications for multimedia, HMI as well as wireless connectivity.
With up to eight processor cores the flagship of the i.MX 8 family is designed to meet highest computing performance requirements for graphics, imaging and security.